Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm Obsessed!: Om Shanti Om

I really should be working on an essay for my Leonardo da Vinci seminar that's due tomorrow, but I've decided to put that off because I need to rant and rave about something first. See I have an obsessive personality that has gotten me into shopping trouble in the past. It is a three step process for me; I see object, I want object, I must have object or else I will surely perish from want. Luckily, I've been able to get through this process without actually breaking down and buying everything I want. I've learned its not the end of the world if I don't own everything I could possibly have. Even though that's the case, I feel compelled to share whatever I am currently salivating over. This is going to be at least a weekly installment so hopefully I'll show you some new things and you can open my eyes to new things in return.


This time, my obsession is not a pair of shoes or new book, it is a movie. Om Shanti Om. Those out there that know about this film are instantly my favorite people. I watched this last year for a friend, Amanda's film class and she just recently bought it so we of course watched it again. Whether or not you love Bollywood films, like I do, this will be an instant classic. Without giving too much away, Om Shanti Om starts during the 1970s at the pinnacle of Bollywood-ness. We meet our hero (Om) and heroine (Shanti) and how their souls become intertwined.And its directed by a woman which is such great news, and I think she did a phenomenal job.  There's a lot of funny dialogue and the musical numbers are simply fabulous. After our last view, I had to go out and buy the soundtrack and I have not been disappointed.
Here are some of my favorite musical numbers.


Please excuse all of the white back up dancers (in slightly racist black-face in the beginning), between them and his rippling body, its a bit of a distraction. I rock out to this probably on a daily basis.


This is a long one, but it's basically a long party. Who doesn't love parties? What's great about this piece is the amount of celebrities that keep popping up. Even with my limited Bollywood knowledge, I could recognize a few faces.



This is by far my all-time favorite!!! All of the different parts just come together, and the mixing the old with the young is simply divine. She is absolutely gorgeous, and its just a fun song. This number should be more than enough to convince you to watch this movie!

So what are you obsessed with lately?

P.S.~ This is currently my desktop background.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com