Thursday, May 19, 2011

On the Sly

To be perfectly honest, I don't really have much to say for today, but I've decided to blog at least once every two days so I can stand true to some sort of schedule in my life. It's already gotten to the point in summer where I"m not exactly sure what day of the week it is. I have to keep asking my sister since she's still in High School and is forced to know the days of the week. 
Anyway, I get my hair cut and highlighted tomorrow!!!! So excited. It has been months since I've been unable to have it highlighted and the color is not looking so great right now. I'm not at the point were I'm comfortable getting my hair cut while at school. I've built up a trust with my hairdresser and its not something that I'm very willing to give to someone else with scissors near my head. I'm thinking about going with a little more red. I absolutely love being a blonde and I wouldn't give it up for the world, but there's something about the mysterious red head that speaks to me. So I'll have to contend with red and blonde highlights. I'm so excited. I'm definitely keeping the length because it's getting really close to what I call "Eve-hair" territory. I used to have such short hair so now I revel in my long hair. The big question is to do bangs, or not to do bangs. My hair is pretty thin, so I think the thick fringe I might be interested in wouldn't work. I also do practically nothing to my hair and apparently having bangs takes a bit more maintenance. We shall see. Pictures are soon to follow.
I have currently been making the most out of my netflix account. Quite seriously the best thing that was ever invented in my opinion. I've had netflix ever since I started school and have used it for my various film classes. For pleasure, I would try to catch up on all the classically "smart" films that I "had" to see to be fully cultured. Now, I use it on the sly to fulfill my guilty pleasures. It's great to be able to watch all of the movies that I want to watch but would never put money down to see in theaters or to buy the DVD. Within the past couple of weeks, I've watched such gems as Hot Tub Time Machine, Kick-Ass, and Wet Hot American Summer. To be fair, they're all extremely entertaining. I highly recommend WHAS as the perfect summer movie that hearkens back to such seventies classics like Meatballs. Sometimes it's nice to not analyze the what a montage sequence means for to the production value of a film like for a film class.
I'm hoping that with this blog, I will be able to take some of the older, and younger, movies out there and over analyze them to a point of hilarity. Hopefully I can do this in weekly installments to share with all of you out there. It's something that I tend to do with a group of funs and we all have quite a laugh so I hope to share this happiness with the rest of the world. I'm asking around to my friends, and sister who has gotten much funnier with age, to contribute to these analyzes so hopefully there will be different flavors from everyone. That's quite a lot of ambition from my part, but I like to think that this blog will help me get my life in order and set up a schedule that is both practical, but chalk-full of things for me to do.
And with that, I bid you all goodnight! Hope you all have had a great week so far. Please feel free to tell me if there are any movies out there that you would like me to watch and over analyze. I'm open to any suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com