Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Letter (filled with both love and hate) to LUSH


Hey LUSH,

Why you gotta be like that? Why do you have to be something that I've known about for centuries and yet have just stumbled upon recently? Why do you have to smell so good and make me feel all bubbly on the inside? But I think the most important question is: why must you have a store in my train station that I have to pass on my way home from work?! I hate you LUSH. A hate that could only be because of my love for you. I had my first excursion into the fragrant shoppe last Thursday after work before I took the tube home. I honestly went in there for a specific reason/need. It's getting to be a little colder here and my little cuticles needed some intense cream for them. I went in and the friendly salesperson immediately brought me to this lovely cream called Lemony Flutter cuticle butter. I've been using it every night ever since. It's got such a nice, playful aroma of lemons and it really gets down into my skin so that I have what I like to call "old lady hands." You know how soft your grandmother's hands can get? Well I managed to achieve this softness while still having wrinkle-free and spot-free skin. I use it on both my hands and feet with great success.I know we have them in the states, but they aren't readily accessible in good old Lancaster, PA, and I like supporting such a good British company. And it's good for the environment as well as the skin so that's a plus! I spent most of the day Friday looking at their website trying to decide some of their other products that I "need." In no particular order, the goodies I'm craving are:


Obviously, I have a problem. It's slowly turning into an obsession, and I'm afraid that it might be the death of me while studying abroad here. If you could not be so enticing that would be lovely. I don't have the money to spend on this habit, although it might hurt me so. I'll just have to keep walking past the shoppe with my head held high and my eyes straight forward. Way to go LUSH. You're too awesome for me to function in normal society. Well done. 

Sincerely,
Carly B.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com