Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Got My Hair Did

Well, I had it done a few months ago, but I wanted to share the new me with those who haven't seen it yet. During my semester in London, I was constantly thinking about chopping my hair off and getting bangs. I haven't had them since I was 9, and even then they seemed a little too blunt and silly looking. I eventually chickened out of getting my hair cut at all while in the UK just because I could never find the time, and before too long, I was going to be back home. By the time I did go in to see my hair stylist, my hair was hurting. Half of it was dry and dead and desperately needed a trim and a touch up to fix my highlights that had grown out at least three inches.

So I went in looking like this:

 photo79

And came out looking like this:

photo81


We decided that I needed a change. I knew I wanted the bangs, but we decided to go for the whole shebang. I think I ended up cutting 8 inches off my long hair. I was fortunate enough to be able to donate it to Locks of Love even though my hair had been color treated since my stylist said they recently changed their guidelines. Donating my hair has always been on my bucket list and I'm so glad I was able to do it.

photo82

I really love the way it looks. I've actually had to do something to my hair (blow drying) for it to look good. It's been fun and I love the way it looks both with and without my glasses. Only downside now is that they grow pretty fast and I'm a little to lazy/scared to trim them myself. I miss my super long hair and the weird things I was starting to do with it, but it's hair, and it'll grow back in no time. It's still long enough to put it up in various braids, but I'll be excited to when it's back to a longer length. I don't have many other pictures of the way it looks because I never seem to have a camera around whenever it looks good, but you know how it goes. I am loving the bangs and will probably be keeping them for some time.

P.S.- Sorry about the crappy image quality. You know how it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com