Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Glam Bag/Ipsy for September

DSC04587

So this why my first month with my My Glam and they go and change their name to Ipsy. Who knows why. I kind of prefer the idea of the words Glam Bag, but hey, they didn't ask me. So if you don't know Ipsy is a subscription service that sends you sample cosmetics in a little clutch every month for $10. I liked the initial thought because it seemed to be one of the cheaper subscription plans that gives the most reward. There is the question about after so many months, what do you do with the little bag everything comes in? I guess I'll answer that when I have more than just the one black bag that came with my September pack. As you can see, this month was much more than some simple sample sizes. That is a full bottle of nail polish from Circus (Tightrope's the color if you're curious). It's so bright and eye catching. I've already worn it and could not stop looking at how bright my nails were. Some other bloggers felt that ipsy was going a little overboard with the right neon Circus nail polishes, but since this was my first, I was very excited. The Jane lip gloss is nice and a pretty pale pink color, but I'm not the biggest fan of glosses since my hair tends to get stuck on my lips and get all sticky. I hate that. The eye shadow is right up my alley since I tend towards the warmer bronzes/browns if I'm going to wear shadow at all. While it is a nice size (not just a sample) It doesn't come in it's own case so I just have an open circle of powder with the rest of my makeup. I guess I'll have to buy a compact if I want to take it anywhere. The smudge brush is nice, but mine wobbles a bit when brushing it on my eye, but hey, it's another brush so I won't turn it down. The split end cream is the only thing I haven't tried yet, which sis odd since I have crazy split ends. I'm sure I'll like it and again, it's a nice sample size.

Overall, I thought the bag was a good value for the money since the nail polish itself can run up to $8. I've had Birch Box in the past and thought that while the products were slightly higher end, they came in much smaller sizes and I ended up t using all of them. Ipsy just seems like a more practical option. I really love the idea of subscription boxes. I think it's the mystery behind them. You never know what you're gonna get. I've recently been getting into Stitch Fix and will shortly be sharing what I've received with y'all. I'm also currently on the fence about Little Black Bag. It sounds like so much fun, I just don't know if I'm in the financial situation to be spending $50 a month on another subscription. We shall see if I bend the knee to practicality or to whimsy.

If you're interested in Ipsy, you can subscribe for your own bag here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com