Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

*insert frog joke with accompanying "boing" sound effect* I just wanted to write a quick note today because how often is it Leap Day? Well I mean it's every four years, but you get my drift. It sort of just feels like a fake day all day. I don't know if I really remember the last time it was leap year although I should because I was 16, but I guess 16 year-old Carly had more important things to do than focus on whether our year had an extra day or not. Apparently in Great Britain there's a tradition that on the 29th of February it is custom for women to propose to men. Like it's against the "rules" every other day of the year? Oh well, I kind of like the tradition. I don't think we have that in the States, but I could be mistaken. Is it only a British thing? Are there other cultures you know of that have something similar? I'm really more excited for tomorrow since that means it's March. That's right. In 30 days I turn 21! I'm kind of freaking out because I'll really be in my twenties soon, but I'm ready to make my 21st year the best one yet (and now I sound like some uber-happy cheerleader, but you get my drift).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com