Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hey Mama Welcome to the 60s!


So it's the weekend, which is wonderful! I guess by now it's the end of this wonderful time of the week, but who really cares. It's been pretty laid back. Friday I went to Queen Mary College on the East side to spend the night with my very good friend Missy. It was quite a fun time and I hope to do it again very soon. It's so nice to have her so close as opposed to back home where I'm in PA/MA and she's all the way to the west in Minnesota! Saturday, I felt a little under the weather so I stayed in bed for a large portion of the day, but then at night Amanda and I went to see a play. I absolutely love that she works for a theater promotional firm so she's able to get a lot of free tickets and she graciously invites me along. Last night we saw Hay Fever written by Noel Coward. It was very funny and very British which made us feel very sophisticated. I'll do another post about all the shows I've been seeing here later. After the show we were in deep need of some really greasy food so we stopped by a pub and got some fish 'n' chips and a hot spiced cider which was absolutely delicious. The entire night I was rocking a pretty voluminous top knot which Amanda thought was a hoot and a half, but I felt very chic (and a little happy that the height of my hair might be obstructing the view of the person sitting behind me). I got home and took a nice lovely bath with one of my new Lush bath melts (more about my little surprise package later).


Today has been another low-key day so I thought I would get a little post done. Amanda and I are planning on going to Primark which might be the best shop in the whole wide world! Of course I had some time to get ready and whenever I have time, I usually try to play with something different with my hair. A lot of times this will turn into "I just wanted to feel pretty!" cry fests that all of my friends laugh about, but not today! So I did this. I've been getting so much inspiration for what I'm finding on Pinterest especially all the hair pictures that are up there (if you want you can follow me here I'll be sure to follow you back!). Anyway, I came across this pic of a girl with a bouffant shape in the back with a braided headband. I basically got out my trusty comb and started to tease away at the crown of my head. I then smoothed it all back and pinned it into this lovely 60s beehive shape. I was so in love. I could have left the bottom part of my hair down (which I think I'll do at another time). I decided to do two small braids instead and pin them into a headband shape. I'm really happy with the result! Amanda opened the door and thought I had busted a nut loose or something, but I'm really digging the vintage vibe and she can stuff it.


Seriously? I feel like a million bucks and just wish I could go back to the time of Hairspray and go go boots. This might be a new look for me, but we'll see. I'm still toying with the idea of getting a fringe while here. I think I'm going to do it, hopefully this week. What do you think? I haven't had real bangs since before I was 10, but I think I want a change, and I love my long hair too much to cut it off. Anyway, since we're not doing anything too exciting today, I kept my outfit pretty simple with my staples of Gap jeans, a j. crew cardigan, and a asymmetrical green top. It's from Gap from a couple of years ago, but I really love the subtle color and details so I've been wearing it a lot recently. I wanted to showcase my hair/neck so I chose these bird earrings from Francesca's Collection. And since a lot of my neck is showing, I went with a small (and cheap) matryoshka necklace from Forever 21. I'm pretty happy with the outfit especially since I paired it with my favorite pair of Big Buddha shoes to pull everything together. It just feels nice to have another outfit post up. Again, I apologize for the quality of the photos as well as the state of our room, but these things happen when you share a small washing machine with six other girls. Hope everyone else had a good weekend and have a great week. I know I will!



2 comments:

austin said...

I'm actively obsessed with that hair. I don't think I can construct it for myself...but I will almost definitely try. You have come SO FAR from the curler disasters of the past!

i'm not even shitting you, i dig the hair

Carly said...

Gee thanks. You've been there for all those disasters. It was actually pretty easy so I think we should work on it in the future. And then we could go out and grab milkshakes with our fabulous inflated hair! Dream come true.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com