Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Obsessed!: Top Gear

This post is a long time coming. I feel like it's been awhile since I've done a "I'm Obsessed!" post and I thought I would get back into the swing of things by mixing my love with living in London. I am completely and totally obsessed with Top Gear. My American friends might not even know what this is so I will enlighten you. Top Gear is a television show that originated in great Britain that specializes in cars. I know what you're thinking. A car show? Seriously. Give it a chance. I probably wouldn't have found this if I hadn't been talking to my friend Kelly back home about cars. He was trying to explain the mechanics of them, but he suggested I should probably just watch this. Imagine a stew of Monty Python and Car Talk and you've got Top Gear. It's on Netflix, which is great for me since I've been watching it nonstop. Some of the first few series might be a little slow for some people who are not completely car-obsessed, but the later series has a lot of races and challenges that are just really fun to watch. The commentators (Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May) have this great chemistry that just makes you feel good all over. Even when they bicker it's such a good laugh. Then there's the illustrious Stig who drives fast and might be half-machine. It's also made me much more aware of cars and what I want/lust over for my future. As of right now I'm thinking of a yellow Fiat 500 since they just recently came to the states and I love the little power and size. In London, there are so many fantastic super cars zooming around that I think I might be in heaven. So whether your're a boy, girl, mineral, or vegetable, you'll enjoy this. It's just something relaxing, yet informative, to watch before you go to bed! Love my Top Gear Boys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com