Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Hermana


I know. Another birthday! Well today is my lovely sister Katie's 17th birthday. She's just going and growing up so fast. I know I only saw her the other week, but I miss her like crazy and I just wanted to say a quick note on her very special day. I just finished watching Jaws over in Rome in memory of her since it's one of her favorite movies. She does this maniacal laugh that's pretty creepy, but just completely her. Love that quirky side she has.


Kate and I started out on some pretty rocky terms. For most of our lives we really haven't liked each other. We were the typical sisters that just got into fights and terrified each other. Sorry p-rents for all the stress we caused you. Basically, when I left home for school, Katie and I really started to bond as friends. People might say it's because we weren't spending so much time together, but personally, I think it was because as she got older (she was 14 when I left) she began to become more relate-able. We started liking the same things and sharing the same jokes. I mean when you think of it, what would a 17 year-old and a 13 year-old have in common?


Anyway, she's really one of my best friends now and I know she's having a wonderful time on such a wonderful day (fun note, it's also my grandmother's birthday). She probably went to school and then went to the barn to spend time with her lovely horse, Derby. For her birthday present, I bought her tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in DC in May. We'll be going with Amanda and her brother so it should be a great time. I'm really excited and I know she is too. We're going to party it up rocker style. Especially since she has a field trip she's going on to NYC the morning after. Ha. I was not nearly as cool as she is.


So hear's to you Katie Lee. All of our wonderful inside jokes will just reach another level this summer. When I get back, we shall watch lots of It's always Sunny..., Arrested Development, Flight of the Conchords, and a plethora of other films (most definitely Hudson Hawk). I love you bunches and I cannot wait to see you in 7 days (Rome time). Hooray!

2 comments:

austin said...

if there is hudson hawk, i am inviting myself. no question.

Carly said...

You are more than welcome!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com