Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Weekend After: My Birthday

21 Again

21

21

21 Club Matches

21

21


I was on Kaelah's blog and saw that it was her birthday this past week as well. She put up all of these fun typography images of her new age and I was inspired to find some of my own. This might become a fun little tradition as the years go by. If I start early enough, I could have a whole collection by the time I turn 22 (Eeek! I don't even want to think about that).

I had such a great weekend. On Thursday (my actual birthday) the weather was so pleasant and I was out and about running errands for work. I can't wait for the sun to be out all the time! My hair gets really blonde during the summer and it's fun to watch it change. My colleagues gave me this amazing present for my birthday/internship present. It's an Anita Klein  print that I've been eyeing for some time, but they really had no idea. It was such a pleasant surprise and I can really not express enough gratitude for my experience there. They've really given me a learning and growing environment that I feel I've really developed into a better person. They have even been kind enough to offer me a place to work if I'm ever back in London. This is my first "real" job offer that I've gotten from my past internships and I'm ecstatic at the possibility. I'm even starting to look at Grad Schools in London since it's cheaper and I could have a job in the arts while going to school.


After work, I came home and talked to a bunch of my family members. It was so nice to hear everyone's voice. I think I talked to my father four times throughout the day which kept making me cry. He wrote this heart wrenching email just going through all of our shared memories and it was just really hard to get through.  I read the first sentence at work and started balling my eyes out so I had to stop. It was just really nice to get and I love you too Daddy!

Amanda and I went for fish and chips at this very rustic, local chippy called Fryer's Delight and it was delish. It was one of those places that tourists would obviously skip because it looks a bit grungy, but I love that authenticity. We sat outside on the "patio" which was really just two aluminum chairs and a table on the sidewalk with buses and construction vehicles rushing past. You had to buy Tartar sauce by the packet for god's sake! I might have went back yesterday just to score more of their delicious chips. We then went back home and I went out to a bar to meet up with a bunch of other girls on the program for a bit of a hen night. It was a bunch of fun and the DJ kept playing this wonderful 60s music. I might have been in heaven.

Picture by Steph
We decided not to have a party on my actual birthday since most people had to work/class on Friday. But Friday night we invited a bunch of people over to our flat and had a real shindig. It was so much fun and I hope that everyone had as swell of a time as I did. Amanda's camera has a bunch of the pictures so I'll try to put those up later. I'm just very proud to say that I had a very good time, but I still remember every second of it. I really hate it when people think that if they don't remember they're 21st they've done a good job. Why wouldn't you want to experience it all while still having a good time? Know your limits people! It was a pleasant night especially since Missy slept over. We then went out for lunch on Saturday and parted ways at the library. This might have been the last time I'll see her in London, but we'll actually be able to meet up in Rome in a few weeks. So excited.

Right now I'm procrastinating for this art history paper I have to write for tomorrow. I went to the library yesterday to pick up some books, so I already feel like I'm ahead of where I should be. But I really should start writing. I hope everyone's weekend was equally wonderful. And if there are any other people out there with a 29th birthday, Yipee! I hope you played it hard and safe all weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com