Monday, April 23, 2012

Item of the Day: O'Clock Watches

Heads up everyone. I'm now in Florence. I know I still have some catching up to do, and I'll try to work on my Barcelona post tonight (no promises). I just thought I would through this little gem your way.

Photobucket

So I am one of those people that always has to have a watch on. When I don't, I feel a bit naked and nobody really wants that. I started my true obsession with Swatch watches. I loved them for being sturdy, dependable, and really cute. I've since moved on to some nicer brands, and while I love my Michelle watch immensely, I still like the idea of a cheap and cheerful watch. I actually have a man's watch I found at a church sale that I snagged for $1 although it's not so cheerful. Fast forward to a tour Amanda and I took to Versailles in France (I'll get to it eventually). One of the other tour-ees had on this very eye-catching yellow, rubber watch. I asked her about it and she told me it was an Italian company and that you had to buy a band that fit like a bracelet since they weren't adjustable. The brightness and simplicity of it really struck me, so I vowed to keep my eyes open in Italy to see if I could find anything like it. Well all through Rome, no such luck. It wasn't until last night that I decided to start googling "Italian rubber watches" and I found them! The company's called  O'Clock and specializes in these watches. You can buy different bands and watch-faces to mix and match which I absolutely love. The colors, and those contrasting, would be a little bit of sunshine radiating on my wrist. Well whoda thunk it, but while Amanda and I were walking along the streets of Florence today, we passed a watch shop that sold O'Clock watches! They had these really amazing Disney faces on them, and it was super tempting. The watches themselves cost about $42 in the US, but at the store it was 25 euros. I was originally thinking about waiting to get one when I got home and had an income again, but that's quite a bit of savings. The US store also doesn't have the mickey watch-faces. We'll have to see how I budget the rest of this trip. I actually haven't bought too much for myself on this trip. The last thing was a pair of sneakers in Amsterdam, and while they're adorable, they seem more practical than frivolous. The watch would be the same thing. I'll have to keep you posted. While I don't like yellow, I'm really drawn towards the yellow wristband. Again, we'll have to wait and see what I do. I'm just so in love with them, and I feel like everyone out there will feel the same thing! So go check them out, and tell me what you think! This is my favorite combo so far.

Image of O'CLOCK YELLOW BAND

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com