Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fancified



Most of the time I feel like a stick to a pretty classic uniform which is why I haven't done any outfit posts as of yet (and I also don't have anyone to take pictures of me). I usually wear a solid colored tee with a contrasting colored cardigan, jeans, and a pair of Minnetonka moccasins. I do get dressed up for working at the Worcester Art Museum or for special occasions, but it's just so easy to know what you want to wear and look partially put together. I decided to ease myself into outfit posts with just taking pictures of times I feel especially cute and fancy. I'm sure you'll see a few pics of me in my "uniform" but let's start with this shall we?

This is what I wore to that holiday party last week that I made the latkes for. I got this dress on a lucky fine at Ross (dress for less). Sometimes it a total hit or miss there, but I can usually find something I like. This was like 10 bucks including the belt. Oooohhhh. It's a really nice length for me because I do not look so nice with shorter dresses. I have a bit of a booty problem. As in it's kind of on the larger side. I make do and I love my curves, but whenever I wear dresses that are shorter, they're just obscene from the back. This one falls just above my knees and makes me happy. I really love the dot print and I feel like the colors of rust, cream, and turquoise have a very festive feel to them. I also really love the sleeves. They hit at a nice length so that they're wintery enough, but I could still wear it in the warmer months. I also like the way they gather and have a looser seventies vibe to them. What I really love about this outfit is the boots. My calves are the worst thing ever and I have the worst time finding cute boots that fit without giving my a calf muffin top. I was in DSW with my mom a couple of months ago and literally tried on every pair of flat boots in the store until I had given up hope. Then I saw a pair of more casual shoes that have a zipper up the side as well as a little one at the back of the calf so that I could zip it up or not if I so choose. They've now stretched out a bit so I can close them in all one zip. Hooray! There's not much to this outfit besides the dress and boots. I usually keep my hair long and down, but I'm trying to branch out with that as well. So there you go, first outfit post completed. Hope you had a great day.


Again sorry for the crappy iPhone photos with the shitty lighting, but you know how dorms can be and this was the only full length mirror I could find. At least I can have some fun goofing around at all hours of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com