Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Procrastinator

So typical me, I've been home for two weeks now and have done absolutely nothing of what I need to do. And what do I do? I do my hair and makeup and go out to hang with some friends. I've also had a hellish cold for the last couple of days. This usually manifests itself in me hanging around the house, sleeping, and staying in sweatpants. Today was different. After three days of not leaving the house (I know, I'm a shut-in), I decided to get dressed and leave. Hooray! I typically find things to preoccupy my time when I actually have important things to do (like packing all of my shit up for London).


Tsk. Tsk. I recently joined Pinterest and I've been addicted ever since. I'm really wowed by all of the different hair and beauty inspirations out there. Taking a page from all of the beautiful ladies out there, I wanted to do something different with my hair. I so often just let it hang down straight because that's the easiest thing to do. I decided to go with a messy top knot that took some time to get used to, but I think I like it. There was a little more hairspray and pins than I was hoping for but it hasn't moved all day so I guess it works. P.S.-Sorry about the above picture, I have no idea why my face and chest are two separate colors, but these things happen when you have translucent skin like me.

        

Since I was doing something different with my hair, I thought it would be appropriate to go with my "uniform." I really love big chunky jewelry so I decided to wear a couple of my gifts from the holidays. I especially love the 70sliscious earrings. My bracelet's from an awesome store that I think is other places other than Lancaster, PA. It's called Ten Thousand Villages and it specializes in goods made in nations across the world. According to their website , they are one of the world's largest fair trade organization. It's kinda been a big part of my family's life as we moved from the handmade drums of my childhood, to the accessories and home goods of today.


After I got myself all dolled up, I went over to my friend Katherine's house for some chill time. I like to think of my friends as quality over quantity. I may not have thousands of friends, but I have a handful of really great and loving people who deserve a word better than "friends." Katherine (on the left) and Austin (on the right) are two such people. We usually hang out at Katherine's house since it's bigger and basically do nothing. We'll watch some crappy TV (like Dance Moms) or just talk about life in general. Today, as you can see, we baked. I didn't really touch anything since I was still sick, but Katherine let me lick the spoon anyway (after she was done of course). It's really nice to see them since we all go to schools in drastically different areas of the country. The real reason for our for our friendly get togethers is our fictional Rock Band band: JEDARK! It's fun just mess around as a fake Rush cover band that rocks the fake arenas. I really should be packing and cleaning, but it's just so nice to relax and do nothing with a couple of friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com