Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm Obsessed!: Pitt Bulls


This week's obsession is probably influenced by all the time I've had around the house. I really love Pit Bulls. I'm probably partial because my little poochie, Bella, is a Pit Bull mix, but I can't get enough of them. She is just so sweet. Doesn't she look a bit like Jesus in the pic above? I like to say that her greatest flaw is that she loves too much. She might jump up on you, but it isn't to attack but to smother everyone with kisses. She barks at other dogs, but it's more out of play and curiosity than anger. I think my biggest thing about Pit Bulls is that they get such a bad rap. It isn't fair to the bread that they've been singled out as fighters. It's the people that train them to kill that are the real monsters. I've only had the greatest experiences with my Pit Bull. I blame her energy on her Labrador half. People should be made aware that Pit Bulls are dogs to that need love and care and shouldn't be discriminated against. My friend Amanda down in Maryland told me that they aren't even allowed to have Pit Bulls in the county. Seriously? They're illegal because a few select people decided that it would be a sport to see these dogs rip each other to shreds. I understand that it's easier to outlaw them completely, but it just makes me sad. I love my Pit Bull and I'm not ashamed of it. Dog attacks are awful, and I can only hope that in the future there will be stricter laws against such barbaric behavior. For now, I will still be obsessed with my Pit Bull.

       

Isn't she the cutest? She really hates getting her picture taken, but I've tricked her by taking photos with my phone and she has no idea. On the right sh'es there with my friend Simona who came down Spring Break of this year. So precious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com