Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Break: Woo!

image

Eh, so this isn't quite the same holiday, but I'm not that creative, but you get the picture (ha! word play). Today was my first official day of Fall Break and I couldn't be more excited. It's just so nice to have a break (no matter how small) in the middle of the semester to give yourself some breathing room. Whether you stay near campus, go off to visit loved ones, or just go back home to chill it's wonderful to have some time where your brain doesn't constantly have to be on. 

photo85

I broke up my 6 hour drive down by staying overnight Thursday with my Maxine in New York and drove down the rest of the way yesterday. I'm catching up with my sleep and spending time with my lovely family. Today my mama and I basically went wherever the wind blew us. We started in downtown Lititz which was a hustle and bustle of activity because it was the annual Chocolate Walk , but we checked out a new thrift store that just opened, Uncle Funky's. It had a really funky vibe and I hope stays in business. Lititz really needed something a little funkier to give it that edge. We then headed out to another antique-y store outside of town where I scooped up some fun stereographs from the early 1900s for super cheap. It was just a hop skip and a jump over to my favorite record shop to pick up a few new albums. Last stop of the day was a trip to JoAnn's to get a new dress pattern and fabric so Mama B and I can start on a new little project that I'm super excited about. 

photo86

I'm tiredly waiting for Katie to get back from work so we can actually hang, but today has been such a great day and I can't wait for the rest of my break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com