Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let's Get Nailed: Pretty Pretty Princess

photo83

I've always loved nail polish, and recently I've been trying to paint my nails more frequently. It's not always easy, but as of now, my Tuesdays are fairly empty so I've been paying close attention to them. I've decided to make this a regular post since I've been so inspired about the finds I see on pinterest as well as various blogs.

photo84

I tend to label the outfits I wear with these usually obscure names (like sophisticated lumberjack for example), so why wouldn't I with nails? This weeks nails pay homage to a very near and dear children's game from my youth: Pretty Pretty Princess. Honk twice if you remember it and loved dressing your father in the earrings, necklace, bracelet, ring, and crown while laughing like you've never seen anything funnier. I used both Essie polishes: Fiji for the pale pink on the bottom and A Cut Above for the pink sparkles on the top. I decided to do my ring fingers in a gradiated waterfall sparkle and then a pseudo-french on the rest. They make me feel very pretty and delicate which is a nice change. I know it'll be a real bitch to take off, but I can never say no to sparkly things! Maybe I subconsciously painted them pink in honor of National Mean Girls Day yesterday, but I'd like to think of them more in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. Either way, I dig them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com