Friday, October 26, 2012

Life Lately: One of those Weeks...

You know there are some weeks that just take forever and you feel like you'll never keep it together 'til the end? Yeah. This was one of those weeks. On top of regular school work, I've been interning at the WAM two days a week (which I love), and I've spent 8 extra hours dancing. I'm sure it will all pay off. We've been dancing our socks off trying to prepare for this huge event we are co-presenting tomorrow (10/26) at the Hanover Theater here in Worcester. So excuse me while I place a shameless plug here.


This Friday Clark University and WPI are helping to present An Evening of Swing Dance and music at the Hanover. It's going to be full of big band music, swing dancing (including Lindy Bop and Charleston) and some ballroom styles  for a night of tons of fun. Clark and WPI will also be doing some demonstrations and showcases. I'll be dancing in our Footloose number talked about here which will be awesome. We're also doing this pretty kickin' number involving a whole bunch of different dances. I'm sure WPI will impress too. There's going to be a ton of people there just having a good time. So if you're in the Worcester area tomorrow and aren't going to one of many pre-Halloween parties and like swing music, you should come check it out. Even if you don't know how to dance and just want to come to party with some pretty cool cats that would be coolio daddio (because I am that sad aren't ya glad). All proceeds from the night go to charity so you get to have fun and support a cause! If you want more info you can check out the Hanover's website.

So that's the major thing going on this week. Oh wait, no it's not. So Friday night I'll be swingin' on a star and Saturday I'm going down to New York City for a field trip with the rest of my art history peeps. We'll be hitting up the Met and talking to a bunch of art people so it should prove useful for future careers (at least answer some questions about that scary unknown). So it's going to be a fun, yet exhausting, weekend. I just hope that I live to tell the tale. On Sunday will be pretty chill for me so I'll try to get some research done for a paper. The rest of the ballroom gang is heading to a competition at UCONN so good luck to them! Let the weekend commence!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com