Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What I'm Listening To: Mika

mika-the-origin-of-love-535x535

In case you didn't know, I am a massive Mika maniac (yeah for alliterations!!!). He is just a bundle of fun wrapped up in an attractive Brittish shell. Well his new album (The Origin of Love) was just released and so far I am loving it. I'm pretty sure my favorite song of his is still "Grace Kelly," but let me tell you "Elle me dit" (or "Emily" for the English version) is quickly rising to the top of the list. Seriously, how can you be sad when listening to him? His voice sounds like what an angel at a disco would sound like. You can just tell he's having fun and wants to share his experience with the rest of the world. That's not saying that he doesn't have a more subdued sound, and those add a nice respite to a kickin' album ("Underwater" is quite nice). Maybe it's because he brings back such great memories of my sister and I driving around and blaring/singing off key to both Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Such good times, and I'm kinda bummed that she won't be here to experience this new album with me. She'll be up in about a month for a visit so we'll probably have to have our Mika dance time then. I guess I'll wait, but until then, I wanted to share the love that is Mika. Check it out. If you haven't heard of him before, here are a few of my all time favorites. Let me know what you think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com