Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Over the Weekend: Harvest Fest in Maine

DSC00028

This weekend was a bit of a change for me. Instead of the usual weekend fun of catching up on whatever sleep I missed over the week, Amanda and I headed up to Maine/New Hampshire to partake in some Autumn activities. This weekend York, ME held their annual Harvest Fest and on Saturday, we road tripped up to check it out. One of my bestest friends Katie is from York and she took me and a few friends last year and I had such a good time that I just had to go back. Here's a little flashback of those fun times:

297298_10150335030506996_702381609_n

Look at all of that love on a beach in the fall! Anyway, we left Saturday morning and returned later that night. Some of the highlights were the local crowds, the beautiful weather, the questionable animal park, and THE FOOD! Here are a bunch of pics I was able to capture (with my new camera!!!!!!!!).

DSC00022

Obligatory road trip self-portrait.

DSC00042

DSC00053

DSC00056

Mirror shot in the super sad (and fairly racist) Fun Haus.


I bought a two tier wire fruit basket and had to carry it around. Definitely felt like a crazy person.

DSC00058

DSC00052

Kickin' pick guard

DSC00046

Def Leppard and Disney LPs in the same area? Yes please.

DSC00043

DSC00037DSC00034

Delicious lobster roll and fried clam bellies. I love New England.

DSC00040

Amanda cheesing it up while eating apple crisp.

After we were fested out, we headed down to Portsmouth, NH which is only about 15 minutes away and walked around downtown and grabbed a bite for dinner. It is such an odd city that feels like if a college town had a baby with the Twilight Zone. It also looks like you can't live there if you don't own at least three dogs. I really dig its vibe though. 

DSC00065


We of course stopped in at Bull Moose to check out all of the movies/music they had to offer. Amanda picked out some great DVDs while I picked up two more records. One of them was my first 45 and I completely forgot that you need to add something to my player for them to work. Bummer. It was quite an exhausting day but so much fun. How was your weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com