Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama B!


That's right! It's my Mama's big 5-0. I know she's been stressing about it a bit, but really I think she's fabulous at 50. Half a decade a go she came bursting forth into this beautiful world and into a new home. You've seen awesome historical events in your lifetime; the biggest one being of course the birth of me. We've had our ups and our downs, but I've always been your number one fan. While I love being in London, I'm sad I can't spend such a mile marker with you. I guess that just means that when we get back we'll hit the town and I'll buy you a few drinks, maybe at El Serano? Sounds like a plan to me.

Her Graduation Day

This lady is the sweetest and funniest thing in the world. Do you see what I mean? Who could say no to that face? Well I have on numerous occasions but that was through the dreaded tween years and you really can't hold me against that. She may think that Katie and I mock her, but really we're just showing her the love. She's a favorite amongst my friends and her stories will always get you laughing. There's a reason we call her Mama B. She's more than a mother, she's like this burst of personality.

Lobster Wars in Maine

Like any Mom, you might quarrel and bicker, but we always love each other. I feel that we have more good days than bad days and what more can a mother/daughter relationship want. We've talked about everything imaginable without a hint of shame or censorship and it's great. So Mummy, I love you!, and I hope you have the bestest birthday yet. I'll be home soon so we can have a proper celebration, but until then, we'll continue the skype dates and blog postings

We're on a boat. And Katie's having an attitude problem.

P.S. There is a letter currently in the mail on its way to you. You know how I procrastinate with such things but it should arrive in the next week or two. We will have to discuss it's contents just so I know you "get it." Love!

P.P.S. Even if it's not your mother's birthday, call her up and tell her you love her and are thinking about her. I know it means a lot and takes almost no time. I love waking up in the morning or after a hard day's work to see a little text from her with a simple "Thinking about you sweetie" and I know she'd feel the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com