Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm Obsessed!: Cath Kidston


So today was a bit rainy, but I was able to spend the day with my lovely friend Missy. We've actually been pretty lucky here weather-wise since it's really poured twice since I've arrived. We didn't let the rain slow us down and we headed to Portobello Market. She hadn't been yet and I really wanted to go back. Unfortunately when it rains, it looks like a lot of the shops and stalls don't open up. I guess that makes sense because who would go out to a market in the pouring rain? Besides us I mean. It was a lot of fun and not crowded at all so we had free reign. I was able to buy a few more gifts for people (watch out Mama) and just have fun. I also tried to eat a strawberry and nutella crepe one handed while holding an umbrella without much success.

How cute is this dinosaur print? I'm in love.

We occasionally would pop unto some shops to get warm and dry. There was all these cute, but expensive, clothing stores and then we hopped into this gem: Cath Kidston. It's been awhile since I've been in such a pleasant environment. There were all of these cheerful and super cute prints and they were just everywhere! I've seen the printed tote bags everywhere, and I must say that I might have to purchase one before I leave. Everything was very girly and had this vintage and authentic quality to them. Missy and I went a bit nuts. The bags, the kitchen goodies, and the kids section were among my favorites. I'm lucky that I have five year old sisters since I can buy all of the cute kids things for them. I picked up two sets of these and these hair pins for the girls. I might just have to borrow them though because they're very tempting. There was also this  great Olympic print that they have now. I just love how it's "sporty" without saying THE OLYMPICS ARE IN LONDON!!!!!!

Pearly Queen Cardigan
Buttons!

I think we stayed there for about 40 minutes just walking around and falling more and more in love. When we did eventually pay for our things, I unfortunately got a little crazy and freaked out at the sales person (there was a mix up with the price she said and the price I heard which made Missy very amused at my misunderstanding). There isn't a question that we'll both be back there before our time is up. Missy also just informed me that there's a Cath Kidston store in Covent Garden which is much too close to be safe for my wallet. Hope everyone else had a good weekend. I'm going to go to sleep early tonight since I seem to still be nursing this cold I've had for the past two weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com