Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm Going to Overtake You!

You know how it's the simple things in life that keep you going? At least for me that's how it is. I just had a really nice self-reflection today while walking paintings across London. The other day I might have actually attempted some exercise and at the time felt really good about myself. Then yesterday I kept waking up from all this pain that seemed to course through my body. When I woke up, I almost didn't go to class because I couldn't move! I bit the bullet and plowed through our field trip to the Sherlock Holmes museum (which was so impeccably detailed it kinda amazed me). I even pushed through to go to Singing in the Rain with my dear friend Amanda. It was my birthday present from her and it was so much fun! Highly recommend it. It's not Gene, but he did a darn tootin good show of it. The only real complaint I have are the stairs going down to our seats. They were so steep! Even if I was feeling one hundred percent, those steps would have been a nightmare. I almost fell twice. Hey West End! Buck up on the health and safety! Anyway, I had a little victory when schlepping a painting around: I passed a person on the street while walking. I just had a Top Gear moment like I was driving in a race and "I've just overtaken someone! Yeah!" Of course two steps later my knee gave out and they passed right on by. For the moment, I had accomplished something.

 

I was also surprised by Amanda again and got to see Sweeney Todd tonight! Phenomenal does not begin to describe the experience. The lady playing Mrs. Lovett was none other than Imelda Staunton. You might know her better as Mrs. Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. She was brilliantly funny, but for me the man that stole the show was Mr. Todd himself Michael Ball. I could listen to his voice for days. He had this great mixture of terrifying, crazy person meets tragic romantic which is exactly what Sweeney needs to be. I can't wait for their cast recording to come out. I must be getting better because walking home after the show, I didn't want to chop my legs off. Here's to a pain-free tomorrow of art fair going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com